We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

Hi! We are arriving from Doha into Delhi at 2am and would like to fly straight to Varanarsi.

We saw 3 options, which would you recommend and why? :)

- Spice Jet at 6.25am

- IndiGo at 8.55am

- Airindia at 1.55am

This will be a separate ticket so we need to clear customs and pick up / check in our luggage.

I want to buffer enough time for transit, but was also told once that if I arrive way too early for domestic flight I won't be allowed to enter the terminal building... Is that true? I would like to avoid having to wait outside of the terminal building in the early hours. And I prefer not to book an night of hotel to save some money.

Aside from these, the price is about the same as of today, and we don't need much service for such short flight.

Thanks so much for all your help!

5 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
20,528 posts
394 reviews
1. Re: Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

In general 45 to 60 minute is good for immigration and custom,even at worst condition (though exceptional) consider 2 hr still you can take spice jet comfortably.Check in counter of domestic flight opens 2 hr before schedule departure but you can enter terminal 3 hr before departure.Spice jet departs from T1 so 15-20minute to transfer from T3 to T1, complimentary shuttle bus is available near pillar number 11 at regular interval.

Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

Thank Rahul!!!

Small correction on the original post - Airindia is at about 10+am =)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
919 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

Spice Jet and Indigo are most commonly used flights for smaller routes in India. Indigo is rated a little higher than SpiceJet and almost always at time. But because you are landing at around 2 am so you are already having a huge layover in Delhi, I would suggest you take the flight of spice jet. and custom can take around 1 hr - 2 hrs arriving at 4 am at Terminal for 6 AM or 8 AM is not early and they would not deny entry. I have personally not heard of a situation where anyone has been denied entry to Terminal. So I don't think that you will have any worries on that part.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
919 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

Even though the Air India flight is at 10 AM, I would suggest you to take the Indigo or spiceJet flight

Vagamon, India
Level Contributor
445 posts
127 reviews
5. Re: Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?

If you take a air india, Jet Airways or Vistara flight you can board from the same terminal (T3) There is jet Airways at 9.30 am and Vistara has some new flights to Varanasi Please look again for your dates! You can pass your time in the arrival hall

Reply to: Landing in T3 at 2am - which domestic flight to Varanarsi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted