We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Hello,

I'm having a hard time getting information on ferries. I hope to do a day trip to Korcula from Dubrovnik. I assume that the best way to do this is to take a ferry to the island and back.

Could you direct me to the ferry service that I should get tickets from?

I've been told to book the tickets early.

I will be going to Split later in the week but I've read that the journey from split to Korcula takes a lot longer.

Thank you for any recommendations as well as advice for enjoying Korcula.

10 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

This is the catamaran that you need, it departs from Gruz harbour, which is about 2.5kms or so from old city https://www.jadrolinija.hr/docs/default-source/local-lines-2021/commercial/l9811s-plovidbeni-red-2021-eng.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
2. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Thank you so much!

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
18 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

If it can fit into your plans, I would consider an overnight in Korcula en route to Split. If you are already planning on taking the ferry from Dubrovnik to Split this will save you some backtracking. Korcula town is small and easily enjoyed in a day/evening. If you want to explore more of the Island then good idea to have another night or two.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Yes, S S's recommendation! The cost of the catamaran there and back is a bit of a waste of time and money since you'll probably be getting a catamaran to Split anyway. Since it's out-of-season now, it's possible an apartment host at Korcula will let you check in early, when you arrive. It often happens if the apartment is vacant.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Dalmatia, Brac Island, Korcula Island
Level Contributor
107,561 posts
86 reviews
40 helpful votes
5. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Ok I see you posted this twice. I agree with staying a night on your way to Dub from Split.

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
18 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Yep too much wasted time and $ for sure. Oh and I meant to type catamaran of course :) Is this for September? I'd love to be visiting Korcula in September it will be wonderful. Happy Planning!

Edited: 02 September 2021, 08:04
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
7. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
8. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

We wish we could stay overnight but our time and accommodations have already been finalized a(non-refundables) and thus cannot be changed.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Following as i will also be traveling from Dub to Korcula late Sept. will stay in Korcula town for 2 nights and then proceed to Split. We are so looking forward to relaxing in korcula and checking out the wineries.

I’m having a hard tine booking the ferry from korcula to split. I see there is one at 6am route 9608 but the website is confusing to book. Can’t figure out the departure route since Korcula to Split isnt listed.

Any recommendations? Thanks!!!

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
18 reviews
20 helpful votes
10. Re: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Save

Ana, What date are you going from Dubrovnik to Korcula and what date from Korcula to Split?

Edited: 10 September 2021, 11:22
Reply to: Logistics for a daytrip to Korcula from Dubrovnik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.