We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Does fuji hakone pass covers everything that hakone free pass covers ?

Am i allowed to take the bus from shinjuku express bus terminal to lake kawaguchiko and I return to shinjuku from Hakone ? ( the bus fare is inclusive with the 8000yen fuji hakone pass ticket right ? )

The ticket also covers the local train fare from hakone-yomoto - odawara - shinjuku right ?

Sorry for the questions but i can't really seem to understand what they've written on the site ):

10 replies to this topic
Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
773 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Fuji Hakone Pass includes these transportations.

・One way fare for Chuo-Highway bus(Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko)

・One way basic fee for Odakyu railway(Shinjuku-Odawara)

・Free rides for ths buses around Kawaguchiko and Gotenba.

・Free rides that allows Hakone Free Pass(except Yugawara and Manazuru)

>Am i allowed to take the bus from shinjuku express bus terminal to lake kawaguchiko and I return to shinjuku from Hakone ? ( the bus fare is inclusive with the 8000yen fuji hakone pass ticket right ? )

>The ticket also covers the local train fare from hakone-yomoto - odawara - shinjuku right ?

Both are exact.

Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Thanks for the help !!

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Hi,

In addition to jaycee195's question, is it better to travel to Hakone first then to Fuji or vice versa?

Reason being, travelling from Shinjuku to Hakone is via train while Shinjuku to Fuji is via bus. If I were to leave Shinjuku early morning on D1, and going back to Shinjuku in the evening on D3, which will give me better view/scenery as it gets dark early?

Thank you

Brantford, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

How to get from Richmond Hotel Premier Musashikosugi Shinmaruko, Kawasaki, Kanagawa to fuji mount

Brantford, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

How to go mount fuji from Richmond Hotel Premier Musashikosugi Shinmaruko, Kawasaki, Kanagawa ?

jakarta
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Fuji-Hakone Pass is valid for 3 days right, but can we use it the itinerary like this:

Day 1

- Tokyo to Fuji area

- Back to Tokyo

Day2

- Tokyo to Hakone area

- Back to Tokyo

is it possible?

thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Hi there,

If I buy the Fuji Hakone pass at Shinjuku station, must I use it immediately? Or can it be used in another date?

My concern is, how do I book the Shinjuku to Fuji highway bus that is included on the pass? If I buy for example today and maybe the bus time I wish to travel on is booked out and I cannot then go the same day, do you get what I mean?

Thanks,

Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

The Fuji Hakone Pass is valid for 3 consecutive days.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_014.html

See this for your reference.

www.odakyu.jp/english/course/fujihakone/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

Hi mabei,

Thanks for the links, i have these already and have read them but i am still confused about buying the pass and using it later and also booking the bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko?

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass

What is the best way to go from Hakone to Mt Fuji if traveling from Kyoto to Hakone? We already booked an Onsen for the night but would like to see Mt Fuji during the day.

Reply to: Fuji Hakone Pass vs Hakone Free Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hakone-machi