We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nagoya For 3 Days

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
45 reviews
Nagoya For 3 Days

I planned to do a 3 days trip in Nagoya and use it as a hub to Takayama and Shirakawago. What other places can I do other than these two towns? Do I need to stay in Nagoya to visit these places? Or you would propose a night in Takayama? I have 28th April (arriving at 2pm) to 30th April. I leave on May 1st morning. Any tips help. Thank you!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,799 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Nagoya For 3 Days

Spend a night at Takayama. Visit Shirakawago as a half day trip. Allow 2 days 1 night total. If you don't need to stay at Nagoya, then spend the third day at Kanazawa.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Nagoya For 3 Days

Sounds good! I have not done much research on Kanazawa. Will take a good look.

Is there onsen hotel in Takayama?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
325 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Nagoya For 3 Days

plenty of onsen ryokans in Takayama

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Nagoya For 3 Days

Thank you! I hope to make the trip happen. Will start planning now :)

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
134 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Nagoya For 3 Days

I also recommend Inuyama castle on the way to Takayama from Nagoya if you would like to see a nice original castle.

6. Re: Nagoya For 3 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2018, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Nagoya