We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Between Mumbai airport and Surat Feb/March

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
53 reviews
34 helpful votes
Travel Between Mumbai airport and Surat Feb/March

Hi Lovely people,

I am planning a trip for my parents who have not travelled to India in over 30 years. They fly into Mumbai and I am looking to work out how to get them to Surat. They are both in their late 60's with mobility issues therefore a taxi from the airport to Surat after sitting on a 10+ hour flight is not suitable.

Various posts have said to get a train.

1. How can I book train travel from the UK? Is there a legitimate website to book via? Those I have come across so far don't look quite right.

2. How far is the train station from Mumbai airport?

3. Best way to travel between airport and train station.

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
India
Level Contributor
403 posts
33 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel Between Mumbai airport and Surat Feb/March

Convenience wise I would prefer a taxi from Mumbai to Surat as it will give you point to point transport. Anyway if you are planning a train first you will need to go from the airport to the railway station + train journey + again from Surat train station go to your destination, this I guess will be more tiring as you will have to also match train timings with your flight timings and hope flight is on time. If you want to reduce road travel another option is there are flights to Vadodara from Mumbai and then do Vadodara > Surat by car. But given the options I would personally prefer end to end cab from Mumbai to Surat, but finally its your decision.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel Between Mumbai airport and Surat Feb/March

Namaste Traveler,

For the mobility issue we suggest to hire a private vehicle so that your parents can avoid long walking and they can use car from exit to the door step of the hotels

Most of the hotels having the facility of wheel chairs to use within the hotel premises or, you can carry your own wheel chair and if you think, you can also ask your service provider to arrange a help, who will assist wheel chair, during the sightseeing.

1. How can I book train travel from the UK? Is there a legitimate website to book via? Those I have come across so far don't look quite right.

The official website for booking the trains is https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search and in any case you can seek assistance from the agent - Avoid paid recommendations on the forum post

Dinesh

India Rajasthan Tours

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
32 reviews
71 helpful votes
3. Re: Travel Between Mumbai airport and Surat Feb/March

If the Flight Lands in night then things could be much easier and smooth as well. For tickets look for an booking agent who will book on behalf of you. Good and Fast trains between Surat and Ahmedabad are available but provided that your parents have mobility issues, trains may require to change platforms by climbing foot over bridges though escalators and lifts are available at some points. Best way to transit from Airport to Train Station is by XL taxi.

If direct taxi is to be taken, book an Innova Crysta which would be more comfortable and roughly a 6 hour plus drive depending on traffic conditions.

Reply to: Travel Between Mumbai airport and Surat Feb/March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Surat
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.