We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to pyramids

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Trip to pyramids
Save

Hi

I was planning a day trip by plane to see the pyramids (family of 4) . Was thinking to book the plane tickets seperately and take a taxi to the pyramids.

Can anyone give any tips/recommendations.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
23,092 posts
123 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: Trip to pyramids
Save

The way you've said it is what I'd recommend doing.. booking Egypt Air for flights and then grabbing Uber to pyramids (or get a day your from Cairo).

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
81 reviews
94 helpful votes
2. Re: Trip to pyramids
Save

we did the pyrimids been twice both times by coach , its £49 to do by coach or £189 to fly up this includes ciaro musuam entry , pyrimid (giza plato ) entry fee lunch in the hard rock cafe over looking the nile and the market by bus it was a 1am pick up travel up stop for breakfast you arrive back at hotel at 1am thats by coach , we did it by coach as you get a chance to see egypt as the coach goes through the sewers canal tunnel and got to travel form the outskirts of ciaro , we use sharm club all the time for any trips have a lookhttps://www.sharm-club.com/egypt/sharm-el-sheikh-tours

Edited: 24 January 2023, 04:19
West Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna, Hurghada
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
264 reviews
159 helpful votes
3. Re: Trip to pyramids
Save

I've done flight before, in a day and back. Booked a tour guide for the day inc taxi. Long day but fascinating! Can't remember who I used as through an old contact.

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
164 reviews
76 helpful votes
4. Re: Trip to pyramids
Save

We did it by coach,firstly a lot cheaper,secondly the coach picks you up around 11pm and you drive through the night arriving in Cairo about 8am hopefully after a half decent nights sleep,from what I can gather with a flight you have to get up around 3am to get to the airport,so a mainly sleepless night before a long day,that’s what decided it for us.

Reply to: Trip to pyramids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.