We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

London, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
27 helpful votes
Flights
Save

I’ve checked easyjet and they aren’t even selling flights to sharm until October, I’m assuming if Egypt is still on the red list by then, the flights will be moved further away and this will never end. I’ve seen flights going to sharm with Turkish airlines/Pegasus but they aren’t direct and stop in instanbul. If I chose to fly with them instead would I be turned away, also would I need additional paperwork for being in Istanbul then connecting from there?

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
19,592 posts
102 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: Flights
Save

Lots of brits travel this way using Turkish Airlines to get to Hurghada and you wont get stopped using this route as its not illegal.

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
2. Re: Flights
Save

Answered this like 100 times.....

Why would any Brit think it is illegal to travel?

You lot work to Traffic Light system on Travel for let's say Covid testing or the lack of reporting from a country or statistics......

In answer you can perfectly fly Via Istanbul then to Egypt.

There are a 100 and 1 ways to get to Egypt flight combinations but work out which Amber country your flying to after Egypt......

Remember that's Amber to Egypt not the UK.....

Fly back to the UK same route via Turkey you have 10 Fays Hotel Isolation to pay for or do what I did and flew to Cyprus and sat out my 10 days.....

You can also fly via many European countries

Just wish people would stop thinking your not allowed and why this would leave to thinking not allowed to enter.....

Remember it's an advisory on travel not saying not allowed.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: Flights
Save

I saw on the previous post that you said you had a property in Egypt so thought maybe this helped you to get in to the country which is why I wasn’t completely sure but I won’t be asking again! Thanks for putting my mind at rest

Edited: 31 August 2021, 07:48
Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
4. Re: Flights
Save

I didn't mean it to sound brazen.

I have lived here for some time now and it is not.like it was in the first days of Covid...

You can fly anywhere you like within reason obviously abiding to the country your travelling to rules....

You will not get asked on arrival in Egypy about anything at all. As long as you have had both Jabs and van show QR code straight in.

The hardest bit is returning to UK. It is far easier to look for an Amber Country to do your 10 days then spend an horrendous amount of money on a UK Isolation hotel....

There is actually quite a fee Brits wandering around in Hurghada.

It is not illegal to travel like when the UK Government stated only for Essential travel months ago.

Those restrictions are not in place just the Red Hotel Isolation....

I had not been Cyprus in a long time and was a simple process to do and paid less than half of the UK Isolation rate including the flight to Cyprus.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
576 reviews
190 helpful votes
5. Re: Flights
Save

The problem with using another country as a quarantine buffer is that requirements and changes to zones change frequently and often with little notice so there’s no guarantee your planning can go smoothly.

We have looked at various routes to get to Cairo in October instead of using our BA flights and have given up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
27 helpful votes
6. Re: Flights
Save

Thanks Karen:)

I havnt had a jab and don’t plan to, but on the Egypt entry requirements page it states as long as I have had a pcr test within 72 hours of arrival I’ll be allowed in so I’m assuming that’s ok?

In terms of the quarantine I’m hoping that by December or January Egypt will have turned amber I can’t see it still being red but if it is I’ll have to deal with it at the time…I’m not on a restricted timescale so can potentially see how the land lies and wait it out abit longer but I am prepared to pay for the hotel quarantine if I have to

Edited: 01 September 2021, 01:44
Reply to: Flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.