We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sharm el sheikh december

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
47 helpful votes
sharm el sheikh december
Save

can anyone assist me . I would like to travel to sharm el sheikh in December . looking at booking at a kids friendly resort that has water slides etc . how is the weather in December . and as south Africans will it be suitable for water activities.

worried if it will be too cold

8 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

As an Egyptian myself who's been to most parts of Southern Sinai dozens of times, ABSOLUTELY NOT ! December is the best time to be there, the climate in the day time is amazing for a good swim with a little whip of wind. It gets a bit chill at night but its amazing honestly. If your going to Southern Sinai in winter I would recommend visiting the Saint Catherine Monastery. But i got to warn you it can do as low as -10c in the winters so I suggest you get some nice winter clothes if u plan to visit the monastery

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
34 reviews
241 helpful votes
2. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

We have been twice in December. and hoping to go again this year for New Year's.

The weather during the day is pleasant, we never felt cold sitting by the pool or in the water. However, the sun does go down early and you will need a light cardigan at night - at least I always did. Sorry, I can't recommend a resort as we always stay at the Four Seasons and they don't have water-slides, etc.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

Hi, have you managed to find out more about swimming etc in December? I see answers on this topic from people from the Uk, but as South Africans, I think our temperature requirements are different! What have you decided?

Kardamena, Greece
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
270 reviews
216 helpful votes
4. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

Desert weather. Hot during the day but cold at night. Once the sun goes down it can get very cold

Cape Town, Western...
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

Hi, I'm also interested in the weather during December /January.

We will be flying into Sharm el Sheihk on 1 January, after our 14-day tour, and travel by vehicle to St Catherines to spend a few days in a Bedouin camp. Will the weather be conducive to hiking up Mt Sinai early January?

Also, would spending a few days in Dahab be worth our while? We are not particularly keen on Sharm el Sheihk and much prefer a laid back environment.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
10 reviews
36 helpful votes
6. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

Common sense applies when hiking to the top of Mt Sinai in winter. You really need to pay attention to the weather forecast. On a good warm sunny day it's a pleasure and you don't even need more then a jacket. On a bad day you wouldn't want to get too far from the monastery.

1 post
7. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

As a resident of Sharm I can say :

It's wonderful. In the daytime you will have temperature around 25 degrees and nice in the sun. In the noghrt it can be fresh with temperature between 14 and 20 degrees.

Most Hotels have heated pools, the sea is around 22 degrees and very nice.

Pick Albatros Aquapark is the biggest Aquapark and perfect for families with active kids !

Football for kids from 7-16 years in my German Academy, guests of Sharm are always welcome.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
10 reviews
36 helpful votes
8. Re: sharm el sheikh december
Save

Hi Dieter, good thing you posted here, had no clue there's a football academy in Sharm.

Reply to: sharm el sheikh december
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.