We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?

Level Contributor
127 posts
How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

How is it possible to pay the COP$105,000 to the migration department?

In a gana shop? In an payment service point of an exito supermarket? Asking a Colombian person to transfer the monsy and giving the person COP$105,000 in cash?

Is the bank account this?

Banco Occidente

account No. 263052904

Code 270

Name: la Unidad Administrativa Especial Migración Colombia.

7 replies to this topic
1. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 August 2021, 19:36

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
65 reviews
39 helpful votes
2. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

This is copied direct from the Migraciones website:

"El pago deberá efectuarse en las fechas estipuladas mediante depósito en el Banco Occidente, cuenta corriente No. 263052904, Código 270, a favor de la Unidad Administrativa Especial Migración Colombia."

Note that it doesn't specifically state that visa extensions can be paid into this particular account. To be on the safe side you might want to go to Banco Occidente and ask to speak to someone in the Asesoria department. To be absolutely sure you could go to the office of Migraciones itself. Calle 19 #80A-40 Medellin.

There's always a line there so it could take a while.

Edited: 28 August 2021, 20:43
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
65 reviews
39 helpful votes
3. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

The Migraciones office does not accept cash. I've always paid using either a US credit or debit card.

Level Contributor
127 posts
4. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

thanks!

I finally found how the procedure is done:

https://thevisaproject.com/experience/extend-colombia-tourist-visa-online/

So I don't to pay anything until a positive decision. At it seems like there is no fee for EU citizens.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
65 reviews
39 helpful votes
5. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

Interesting. Before reading anything in the article I looked at the date it was posted. It was updated in July of this year so that's encouraging. So much information online is out of date and often the date posted isn't even mentioned. You're off to a good start.

After you finish please comment on your experience renewing. Did it go smoothly, any difficulties, etc.

Level Contributor
127 posts
6. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

I sent the online formular on Friday. And on Saturday I got an e-mail that I should upload a picture of my passport bio and entry stamp with a better image quality. I did so the same day and on Thursday I got the extension. As a EU citizen the extension was actually for free.

Everything can be done online. No need to go to the migracion office.

As far as I know I still can only stay up to 180 days per year visa-free in Colombia. So after staying the 180 days in one piece, I can only enter Colombia visa-free again after waiting 180 days. Don't know if I could re-enter with a visa without the waiting.

Edited: 02 September 2021, 22:24
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
32 reviews
26 helpful votes
7. Re: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Save

Yes if you have a Schengen passport, the PTP (the visa free extension) is free of charge.

Reply to: How to pay for an extension of a visa-free stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Medellin
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.