We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October visit

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
103 reviews
78 helpful votes
October visit
Save

I plan on visiting in October. I know things are changing rapidly , but is Lieras park entertainment area still open as is bars like fade dose?. Any updates would be appreciated .

11 replies to this topic
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia, Ecuador, Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
226 reviews
69 helpful votes
1. Re: October visit
Save

Yes Park Lleras in Poblado is opened with all the bars, clubs and restaurants however some have shuttered during the pandemic for good yet there is plenty of entertainment to be found.

I seldom go unless a visiting friend drags me to the area. It was a really cool place when I first visited Medellin back in 2010 and now living here for 4 years plus and I enjoy and thrive in the real Colombia.

And yes the men's clubs are indeed opened for entertainment purposes to round out your night.

Have you been to Medellin before? Send me a PM should you have any specific questions.

Happy weekend all!

Edited: 28 August 2021, 01:22
Level Contributor
92 posts
2. Re: October visit
Save

Stay home nothing's open

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
103 reviews
78 helpful votes
3. Re: October visit
Save

I seem to be getting two very different stories on this subject . Is there anyone else you can give me an update ?. Thank you .

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
65 reviews
39 helpful votes
4. Re: October visit
Save

Is Lleras just like it was before the pandemic? No. Businesses there were severely affected but the town is definitely opening up and solidly on the road to recovery. Besides, Parque Lleras is merely a tiny part of El Poblado. Do come and see for yourself. Around town the shops that had "For Rent" signs are back in business and full of customers; stores and restaurants are packed and I'm seeing more tourists from abroad. There's SO much more to El Poblado than just Lleras. In my view it's irresponsible to tell visitors to "stay home" and end of story with nothing to support it.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
161 posts
5. Re: October visit
Save

Boating traveler, just ignore Dave, he’s a recent troll, and hasn’t a clue. Stick with SA voyager and you will get good, truthful advice.

CDY
La Pintada, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Medellin
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
99 reviews
90 helpful votes
6. Re: October visit
Save

Yea not sure why he is not trolling some FB group - Lleras is still open / lots of bars are closed - did not survive Covid - but go 2 blocks above it to Prozenza - smaller bars and restaurants and much more lively - Lleras is patrolled by Venezuelan prepagos and clueless gringos who most likely will later get rolled by their new found girlfriend. Visit la Setenta - still hopping - more of a local crowd - much more fun than Lleras ( and better prices)

Level Contributor
92 posts
7. Re: October visit
Save

There's basically no covid n colombia now 2000 cases a day only so it's a non issue

8. Re: October visit

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 August 2021, 10:40
Edited: 31 August 2021, 10:40

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
65 reviews
39 helpful votes
9. Re: October visit
Save

Colombia has a population of 50 million.

Since Covid was first reported in late 2019 there have been a reported 125,000 deaths from it in Colombia.

That comes out to 0.04 %.

It's quite possible that by staying home a person would run the same risk anyway.

As for myself I've been on the streets of Medellin for every day of the virus and have not come down with it.

Two weeks ago I received the 2nd vaccination and am encouraged by the data about the efficacy.

Edited: 31 August 2021, 10:52
Level Contributor
500 posts
68 reviews
24 helpful votes
10. Re: October visit
Save

Boatingtraveler, reread #5. Thankfully there are many others on here to give accurate info.

Reply to: October visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Medellin
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.