We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
29 reviews
11 helpful votes
Sports Bar
Save

Starting to get excited about our trip on 1st Oct, will get REALLY excited after the next travel review. Anyway, some of our group need their footy fix and I was hoping to get recommendation on decent sports bars.

Thanks

Mark

13 replies to this topic
Coed-Y-Paen, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Where are you staying?

Lots of options in Dubai...

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
29 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Hi Darren,

Sofitel obelisk.Happy to travel.

Thanks

Mark

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
9 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Sports Bar
Save

As always with Dubai, as the choice is often overwhelm, a good tip is to think of a way to winnow down the list.

For instance. Is there a set team? Some bars are fans specific, eg Underground for Liverpool, Nelsons for West Ham.

Is it proximity? Think Fibber Magees, McGettigans WTC, Yesterday are all relatively close eg no need to go to Marina.

If you’re looking more classy affairs, you can trundle a bit further afield to places like Nezauusi (sp?), JW Marriott Marquis, Al Habtoor City.

Is it deals?

Check out Zomato - you can search for happy hours etc too there.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,360 posts
43 reviews
125 helpful votes
4. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Carter’s bar is pretty close to your hotel in Wafi pyramids. Although it isn’t a sports bar per se it has several large screens showing sport.

If you’re happy to travel Dubliners in Le Meridian near the airport shows sport as does Fibber Mcgees, not too far in a taxi.

There are literally loads of sports bars in Dubai, it just depends how far you want to travel

Coed-Y-Paen, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Within walking distance you have Somersets (Inside Movenpick).

McGettigan's always seem to be popular, they have a few scattered around Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
9 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Sports Bar
Save

If you do get to Le Meridien Dubai, whilst the terrace is great for a night out I recommend you avoid Jules. At least to maintain domestic bliss ( if your group is mixed that is)

Plus, if you’re going to Marriott hotels eg Le Meridien, Four Points etc do check out Marriott Cravings as there will likely be discounts on F&B

Ps. Thanks for the Forum getting back to proper questions !

Edited: 30 August 2021, 23:21
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,360 posts
43 reviews
125 helpful votes
7. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Now I’d recommend having a drink in Jules… it’s an eye opener!!

If it’s purely just to watch football then Carter’s will be the easiest to get to as it’s pretty close by and is within walking reach as the hotel is connected to wafi mall and you can just walk across the road to Wafi pyramids. It shows the premiership matches.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
9 reviews
13 helpful votes
8. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Oh Hannah, I do love a bit of cultural exchange in Jules. Great place for me to practice my Russian 🪆

Not so great for relationships and reputation mind. Ideally we’d want all Mark’s group to travel back home together ❤️😊

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
29 reviews
11 helpful votes
9. Re: Sports Bar
Save

Sounds perfect👀👀😱😱

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
114 posts
25 reviews
52 helpful votes
10. Re: Sports Bar
Save

What's the deal with Jules? I feel like Im missing an inside joke.

Reply to: Sports Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.