We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ukraine to Romania via Poland

Mic
Level Contributor
54 posts
Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

Hello, next week I am going to Bucharest from Ukraine with 1 stop in Poland.

I thought I don't need a covid test because it is not required, but France is the red zone and it is my nationality.

Will I have to quarantine? Or they are only checking the country I come from? (both Poland and Ukraine are in green zone)

6 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
1. Re: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

Hi, you don't need to quarantine; only the departure country matters.

Mic
Level Contributor
54 posts
2. Re: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

Good to know. Thanks!

Level Contributor
290 posts
3. Re: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

Hold on! For once, i have to partially disagree with Alterme. It’s not enough to just be coming from another country. You have to have spent at least two weeks there, unless they changed the rule again. Do yourself a favor and get vaccinated. All of this then becomes moot

Mic
Level Contributor
54 posts
4. Re: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

I have been more than weeks there and I have even a PR document.

I have no possibility to get vaccinated in Ukraine, they refused it for the moment. They said only Ukrainians for the moment even though I have a PR document.. Yes that sounds very unfair.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
5. Re: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

Not sure what you mean. EU citizens can enter Romania without any formalities (tests, vaccination proof) if coming from a green zone country; both Ukraine and Poland are in the green on the latest list.

Non-EU citizens have different requirements if entering from outside the EU.

Level Contributor
290 posts
6. Re: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Save

To my knowledge, what you are saying comes with the caveat that they must spend at least two weeks in a green country. In other words, if he went from France to Ukraine five days ago, he does not get to enter Romania and not quarantine, because he did not spend enough time in a green zone country. This might have changed, but that was how it has been for quite a while now.

Reply to: Ukraine to Romania via Poland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Romania
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.