We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station to airport

4 posts
Train station to airport
Save

Hi arriving from Mostar by train saturday morning and would like to catch the 9.15 shuttle to airport. What will be the nearest busstop please?

Or maybe there is a better way?

8 replies to this topic
Cepin, Croatia
Level Contributor
412 posts
1. Re: Train station to airport
Save

The nearest bus station for airport direction is next to Hotel Holiday, roughly 600 meters from the train station. It is walking distance definitely. You can catch 09:15 shuttle there, just a few minutes later than this time. In case if your train is punctual and they tend to be, you will have ideal connection to the airport bus.

4 posts
2. Re: Train station to airport
Save

Thank you so much. This is just what I was looking for and Google had no answer for me

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
23,720 posts
685 reviews
313 helpful votes
3. Re: Train station to airport
Save

Even nearer is if you walk through Marshall Tito barracks (today's University Campus):

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/43.85557/18.39761

Edited: 28 August 2021, 03:53
4 posts
4. Re: Train station to airport
Save

Thank you both. The train was late so I ended up having to take a taxi 😬

Cepin, Croatia
Level Contributor
412 posts
5. Re: Train station to airport
Save

I assume the weather was also poor, so you couldn't enjoy the views and the train ride. When the rainy clouds cover this part of B & H, then this highlight of train riding is tarnished. Bad luck... In reality, the end of August is completely untypical this year. It is too cold, rainy and windy also. It happens, but as far as I remember it was like this once in the 1990s...

4 posts
6. Re: Train station to airport
Save

Yes it was not too great, the views were still beautiful.

I must also admit that I was surprised about how cold it was. The weather was better when i left the airport in denmark than getting on the plane in sarajevo 🙈

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
23,720 posts
685 reviews
313 helpful votes
7. Re: Train station to airport
Save

Have in mind that Sarajevo is at ca 550 altitude, surrounded by 2000+ meters high mountains, and that the city hosted Winter Olympics '84. It has a continental climate - not mediterranean

Edited: 30 August 2021, 15:30
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
1,327 reviews
731 helpful votes
8. Re: Train station to airport
Save

With a continental climate it should be hot in summer!

4 or 5 years ago we had 3 weeks in Romania in June. The weather was superb in the UK and Western Europe at the time but the weather systems went round this high pressure area and Romania was wet and cool for some of the time we were there. It was never hot. It could have been the same in B/H.

Reply to: Train station to airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarajevo
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.