We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a Yellow Fever Vaccine in Lima

Getting a Yellow Fever Vaccine in Lima
Save

Hi All,

My husband and I need to get a Yellow Fever vaccine while we're in Lima. We'll be there for 2 weeks in October, and we're aware of the 10-day period afterwards to allow immunity to build. We don't want to get it here in the US, because, due to shortages, it's $750-$900 for it for two people.

I see there are a few places, like a clinic in the airport (which costs ~$40 supposedly), and Cayetano Heredia Hospital or Hospital Loayza.

Does anyone know how this works or what the current schedule for Yellow Fever vaccinations (I've read it's only offered on certain days/times)? Also, if they provide an international certificate of vaccination?

Our only concern is if these places are fully dedicating their resources to COVID-19, and nothing auxiliary. Also, we're aware the Lambda variant is present in Lima, and we don't know what the risk is to come into contact with the variant at these facilities.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Getting a Yellow Fever Vaccine in Lima
Save

You can try the Clinic (Sanidad) at the airport upon arriving in Lima.

I contacted a couple prívate Labs & Lima (Miraflores) & they responded saying they offer the Yellow Fever Vaccine.

Suiza Lab Miraflores: 160 Soles

Biovac Miraflores: 180 soles

This rates are from today August 31st, 2021

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Getting a Yellow Fever Vaccine in Lima
Save

Here is the list of national hospitals & clinics where you can get the yellow fever vaccination. But I am not sure if they offer the international vaccination card.

https://cdn.www.gob.pe/uploads/document/file/461938/lugares-de-vacunacion-contra-la-fiebre-amarilla.pdf

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Getting a Yellow Fever Vaccine in Lima
Save

I contacted the vaccination center below (not too far from Miraflores) & they responded on facebook confirming yellow fever vaccine is available. It is free for Peruvian nationals.

CENTRO ESPECIALIZADO DE VACUNACIÓN INTERNACIONAL

Address: Av. Pérez Aranibar Cdra. 17 - San Isidro (Nex to Centro de Salud San Isidro)

Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. a 1:00 p.m. 2:00 a.m. a 4:30 p.m.

www.facebook.com/vacunatorio2016/

vacunatoriointernacional@gmail.com (01) 2646889

Reply to: Getting a Yellow Fever Vaccine in Lima
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lima
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.