We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to go skiing in Japan?

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Best place to go skiing in Japan?

I'm thinking ahead for the next ski season and I'm just wondering where in Japan is the best place to go skiing and snow boarding and what time of the year is ski season? I'm only a beginner if that makes a difference. Some advice would be great thanks.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,949 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to go skiing in Japan?

Perhaps you should check here - http://www.snowjapan.com/e/index.php

asia
Level Contributor
666 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to go skiing in Japan?

Rusutsu in Hokkaido is best, I think. I've heard lots of good stuff about it and it's a ski in and ski out resort.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to go skiing in Japan?

Second snowjapan.com

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,222 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to go skiing in Japan?

Niseko as a whole is better than Rusutsu. Rusutsu is a self-contained resort so you have less options overall. At Niseko, you can walk or take the shuttle bus to various towns of the area. Hirafu is the most happening.

5. Re: Best place to go skiing in Japan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 12:19