We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japan Rail Pass Cheapest Place to Buy

Manchester
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Japan Rail Pass Cheapest Place to Buy

Hi

Where is the cheapest place to buy a Japan rail pass (either online or otherwise)?

How far in advance of travel can you buy it? I will be arriving in Japan on 29th April 2010.

Thanks.

Durham
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Japan Rail Pass Cheapest Place to Buy

Check out this recent thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k34…

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Himeji, Kobe, Osaka
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Japan Rail Pass Cheapest Place to Buy

I don't know that it matters where you purchase. Some Japan-oriented travel agencies will have promotions, but usually if you buy the pass AND your air tickets from them. I personally would plan on having the pass in-hand no later than a week prior to departure, especially if you're going to have it shipped.

John W.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Japan Rail Pass Cheapest Place to Buy

I don't think there will be much variation in price. I always get mine from JTB in London, partly as an experience in Japanese efficiency. They don't make mistakes and the pass has always arrived next day. Call 020 8237 1605 or accessjapan.co.uk So far as I know you can buy at any time.

4. Re: Japan Rail Pass Cheapest Place to Buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 13:16