We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

I am traveling to Tokyo early next year and are wondering if anyone can give me advice on where to stay. I want a disabled friendly hotel central to shopping and stations. Needs to be reasonalbly priced. I find the websites confusing.

7 replies to this topic
Japan
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

There are several hotels with accessible rooms that I have come across during the last year or so. I suggested the Shibuya Excel Tokyu to someone a few months ago.

Also, yesterday I picked up a tourist accessibility guide for Tokyo with 30 different suggested sightseeing courses. Looking through it this evening there is a web address in the book that you might find useful:

…tokyo.jp/tourism/accessible/en/

It has a lot of information and is a vauable resource:

…tokyo.jp/tourism/accessible/en/download.html

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,370 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

https://www.accessible-japan.com/

California
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
335 reviews
3. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

I also recommend Japan-Accessible.com but am curious as to what sites you found to be confusing.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

Thanks Everyobe

I will search the sites recommended and check out the hotels too.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
125 reviews
5. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

I traveled with my father who cannot walk long distances earlier this year. My parents had someone meet them with a wheelchair at the airplane so they had no difficulty navigating the airport and were dropped off at the Airport Limousine Bus. This bus has a few stairs to climb tho some buses may have a lift. If the Airport Limo Bus is an option, it stops directly at a few hotels throughout the city and luggage is loaded and unloaded for all passengers. I requested a wheelchair from the hotel prior to arrival and we had a wheelchair to use throughout our stay. The hotel assigned my parents a room right by the elevator. We stayed near the Palace, so it was easy to visit the Palace and Tokyo Station shopping while pushing the wheelchair. My father isn't so into going around and about so we didn't use any train stations and took a car a couple of times for transit. Enjoy your trip.

Kanagawa...
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

When I was reading lonely planet, I found such a service.

You may not have a need, and maybe you know, I will let you know.

http://www.tok-lanserv.jp/eng/

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo

Thank you for this. It sounds like what I m looking for.

Reply to: Disability friendly hotels in Tokyo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted