We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

I am vising Tokyo later in the year and are concerned at the hotel reviews which largely state hotel rooms are small. I use a wheelchair so space and access are important. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Tokyo that is disabled friendly please?

5 replies to this topic
Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

Go to booking.com, enter Tokyo and your dates. When the list of hotels is shown, look on the left side of the page for different filters. There is a category called "Facility". In that category check the box for "Facilities for disabled guests".

I'm pretty sure that hotel booking sites have similar filters.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

Check the website for the Toyoko Inn hotel chain. See https:/… . They have special rooms for people in wheelchairs; these are larger than their regular single rooms. You need to phone or fax the hotel to reserve the wheelchair rooms, and the hotel staff may have limited English skills.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,413 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

https:/…

California
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
335 reviews
4. Re: Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

The Japan-Accessible.com site that Dave148 referred you to for hotel info also has provides important info on transportation, including station maps, and a tourist site rating for usual suspect destinations. Good luck. Japan is improving, with Special Olympics in mind, too.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo

thanks I will follow up on this

Reply to: Disabled Friendly Hotels in Tokyo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted