We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving From Gotemba Premium Outlet

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
45 reviews
Driving From Gotemba Premium Outlet

Hi All

I will be heading to the outlet with a few girlfriends in a week's time. I am not keen in the outlet but my girlfriends are. So I am thinking of spicing the trip up by staying a night in the area, renting a car and driving around after the shopping. I have no idea which area I should drive to after the outlet and what is the best area to stay? View of Mt Fuji combined with some local sights will be awesome. Or a quaint little town with onsen. Am okay to return to our airbnb in Shinjuku the next evening.

Any routes suggestion is welcomed. I am doing my own research now too.

Thank you for your help :)

2 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
867 reviews
1. Re: Driving From Gotemba Premium Outlet

I'm not sure where you are staying in Gotemba, but we stayed at the Mars Garden Wood hotel which was excellent and has a nice view of Mt. Fuji on the roof.

I would head up to Kawaguchiko, with a stop off at the Chureido Pagoda in Fujiyoshida which is more or less on the way. Many of the hotels in Kawaguchiko have onsens and the views of Mt. Fuji are some of the best. If you drive along the north side of Lake Kawaguchi you can visit some of the other lakes too which have magnificent views of Fuji if the weather is clear. There are also lava tunnels and Aokigahara if that interests you. Also on the north side of Lake Kawaguchi is the Cat Cafe and other nice places to eat with great views of Fuji.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Driving From Gotemba Premium Outlet

Hi I tried searching for the Mars Gotemba Hotel but it's fully booked already. I will see if I can find something along Lake Kawaguchiko :)

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I am going to look into those areas as I have never been there.

Cheers

Reply to: Driving From Gotemba Premium Outlet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted