We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,569 posts
6,437 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

If you have questions related to visa requirements for entering Hong Kong start by reading this TripAdvisor wiki article for Hong Kong Visa Related Matters (see link)

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294211-c216036/China…

Here you will find a catch-all resource with links to various HK Immigration and related sources that will spell out your personal visa requirements for entering, visiting and traveling through Hong Kong.

This article is current as for September 2015. It will be updated from time to time as new and updated sources of information are made available.

50 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Meaning: the range of the MAXIMUM length of stay you are permitted without a visa falls in the range 7-180 days depending on passport held. Obviously you can stay for less time than that if you wish!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Hi, I already applied for HK visa by Post and received my VOEV (application number) so that I can check the status online.

Any idea how long it takes for the confirmation and how do they send the visa entry sticker? by trackable post?

Veneto, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Does anyone know if it possibile to obtain at LouWu the Visa on Arrival for Shenzhen the day before the effective entrance?

I'm going to travel there from HK with other people (most of them obtained a normal Chinese Visa through the Embassy), and I'd like not to make them wait at the border for my visa request.

Thank You in advance

1 post
Save Reply
44. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Hi,

We want to visit HongKong (from Pakistan) and planing to apply for visa. As far as I understand, we can request for visa either by the post or via Chinese Embassy. We are thinking to opt for the by post visa. Can someone suggest if that is more feasible approach and how long it takes to have their feedback?

Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Did you get it? And how did you get it? Can you help me with your answer? How many days did it take if you have received it? Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,569 posts
6,437 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

@Gunny K (post #45)

Who are you responding to? You'll need to include the poster name and # if you want those who have made past comments to know who you are asking question to.

2 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Hi,

I (Turkish) and my girlfriend (Thai) will travel to Hong Kong. As you guys know we are both not required a visa as a tourist for a certain amount of time. However, we will apply for a Single Entry China visa to travel Shenzen for a day trip from Hong Kong.

My question: Is Hong Kong visa multiple entry?

Can I get back to Hong Kong with the same visa on the same day?

Your guidance for this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Eh? You don't need a visa to enter Hong Kong, therefore your question is meaningless.

Turkish and Thai passport holders can enter HK as visitors without a visa as often as they wish, with the length of each visit being limited to 90 days and 30 days respectively.

There would only be an issue at HK Immigration if your travel pattern started to look like you were actually living in HK.

Tlayacapan, Mexico
Level Contributor
24,380 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

Excelent Information!!

Haití and Mexico don't need visa to enter Hong Kong

I did know, but is usefull remark.

Thank you for so important information

Edited: 06 May 2018, 21:22
Tlayacapan, Mexico
Level Contributor
24,380 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know

We are back home and we had not any problem with visa.

However, nobody seems to know Haití en Hong Kong, neither in Cambodia, Malaysia and South Korea, jejejje

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10E1TAMyDo

Edited: 12 June 2018, 15:16
Reply to: Hong Kong Visa Requirements - What You Need to Know
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted