We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?

Looking to buy Disneyland tickets and wanted to know if it was actually worth spending the extra on the meal vouchers?

I've also read you are able to take outside food into the park. Is it easy to buy sandwiches from shop in HK and take with you like we do in Australia?

Thanks

Brooke

4 replies to this topic
sydney
Level Contributor
368 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?

We have just come back and we looked at the meal vouchers but didn't bother in the end - We had a big breakfast and took some fruit and other snacks with us. Also we didn't want to waste time stopping for lunch given we only had one day there . We looked for a sandwich shop or bakery and couldn't find one

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?

There are numerous places to buy sandwiches including most convenience stores, (7-11, Circle K, VanGO), coffee shops including Starbucks, Pacific Coffee, Uncle Russ etc), Pret a Manger, Marks & Spencer Food Stores and numerous bakeries.

Under the Disneyland park rules outside food isn't allowed inside the park but it does seem to take a pragmatic approach as we usually take snacks inside as well as buying stuff inside the park.

Disneyland is one of the venues which are part of the HK Government's Food Truck Trial Scheme and there are usually two food trucks located on the Park Promenade right outside the entrance;

https://flic.kr/p/21bok23

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,952 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?

I have seen those food trucks in other places (including opposite the Science Museum) and found them to have non-interesting and seriously overpriced food (almost $20 for just a pineapple bun, and that without seating!). Makes Disney's food suddenly look not that bad.

Those food trucks don't seem to be exactly popular either... looking pretty idle around lunch hour.

Singapore
Level Contributor
866 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?

if you are planning to have your meals at the park, then yes although it can be a little restrictive in terms of choice. I highly recommend Explorers Cafe, I think their food is good (drooling already) but it’s still theme park food. They are ok with small amount of snacks but I wouldn’t try a cooler bag or anything like that. other than the park itself,the character dim sum at Crystal Lotus (HKDL hotel) is soooo cute.

Reply to: Disneyland meal vouchers - are they worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted