We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Hi All

I've read a number of posts and just wanted to ask you experienced Hong Kong travellers if this makes sense.

Have an 11pm flight out on a Wednesday so thinking about going to the Kowloon station in the morning and checking baggage etc (confirmed the airline does it) then heading to Disneyland for the day then going straight from Disneyland to airport. We are likely to have an Octopus card. 2 adults and 1 child travelling.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Brooke

7 replies to this topic
San Marino
Level Contributor
504 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

A smart n certainly doable plan

Edited: 11 January 2018, 11:37
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Is intown check in facility available for Air India flight. Also if i check in, what time should i reach airport 2 hours or less.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Thanks.

It looks like it's cheaper to buy the airport group pass for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) from Kowloon rather than using our Octopus card.

From what I can see we would go from Kowloon to Tsing Yi via the Airport express then change over to Tung Chung line, then Sunny bay to Disneyland using the Octopus card?

Then getting from Disneyland station to the Airport station simply use Octopus card? I've looked it up on the MTR website and it says an amount for the Airport Express using Octopus card however MTR standard class fare it says it's free using Octopus card?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Indeed the group ticket is cheaper - though children may be free when using children's Octopus (not sure if they still have that offer - valid for children under 12 years old).

I don't think you can leave the AE in Tsing Yi, airport bound.

Just take Tung Chung line from Kowloon direct to Sunny Bay - costs a little more but saves a change - and the Disneyland line from there.

From Disneyland, the most convenient is to take a taxi to airport. Otherwise you have to take the MTR via Sunny Bay to Tsing Yi, Airport Express (here you could use your Kowloon to Airport tickets) to airport. Quite a detour.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Thanks for your responses.

I'm very excited as we arrive in HK next Saturday!!

Can someone confirm for me that you can get off the AE at Tsing Yi? I've seen a number of other posts whereby people have confirmed that you can.

The plan would be to check in luggage at Kowloon and get the AE to Tsing Yi and then change to MTR to get to Disneyland for the day then simply get a taxi to the airport from Disneyland for our flight.

Does that work

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,687 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

#5:

There is no regular exit for the Airport Express train at Tsing Yi Station in the "To Airport" direction.

Take a look at reply #8 of this thread just posted today:

https:/…91100465

Quote:

Done that before too... But I needed to exit through the staff exit instead of the regular gate so I thought it was a courtesy instead of a published service... So I haven't done this again since...

End-Quote

Not worth the hassle to save about HKD $6 per person. Forgo riding the AE train. Exit the AE check-in area, go to the regular MTR ticketing lobby and use your Octopus cards to pay for your ride from Kowloon to Disneyland Resort. Save the time in transferring, let alone time to get a MTR staff, explain, and ask them to let you out at Tsing Yi.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: in town check in then disneyland for the day?

Indeed while it's probably technically possible it's not meant to be, and it's not worth all the extra effort. Just take the regular MTR from Kowloon direct to Sunny Bay.

Reply to: in town check in then disneyland for the day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted