We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?

9 posts
Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

Oh boy. We have already had to cancel our trip to morocco and change our plans. Should we be canceling our flights to Egypt?

10 replies to this topic
Ile Amsterdam...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
85 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

If you get a "yes" here, would you do that?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
2. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

Why would Egypt follow the EU? Additionally, EU seems to be proposing restrictions on unvaccinated US travelers, and since every US citizen has the option of a vaccine, if Egypt follows suit, the problem is easily rectified.

Ile Amsterdam...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
85 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

and as #2 said: EU is only proposing. Every single country within the EU will decide to follow or not.

And Egypt is not part of the EU.

Delaware
Level Contributor
212 posts
4. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

Egypt has been letting Americans in when other countries were not. I'm going in November and right now I'm going on the assumption that egypt will not close its borders.

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
478 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

Judy - fingers crossed the US doesn't close us off from Egypt!

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

I hope not! I’m going in Sept. and this is my retirement trip that I wanted to do last year.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,612 posts
79 reviews
357 helpful votes
7. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

In these times anything is possible but I think Egypt would be one of the last countries to introduce this. They always do everything thet can to encourage visitors and tourism.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
23 helpful votes
8. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

Just being paranoid. Had to cancel Morocco at the last minute due to them being moved from the lowest level to the highest.

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
478 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

It's understandable to be paranoid about these ever changing conditions! With this news i wonder if I should be worried about Qatar, my layover, and the US making things more restricted.

Safaga, Egypt
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Save

If anyone forgot or was unaware, Egypt re-opened for tourism in July 2020, at the height of the pandemic, and has been open ever since. I highly doubt they're going to re-close this late in the game, much less single US tourists out. The most I can see happening is PCR tests once again being mandatory to enter the country with no exception for vaccinated travelers, which is essentially already the case for US citizens as US vaccination cards are not currently being accepted.

Reply to: Europe closed to US travelers. Is Egypt next!?!?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.