We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Quarantine

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Hotel Quarantine
Save

Does anyone have any recent experience with mandatory hotel quarantine upon arriving in Port Vila? I have so many questions, but the government departments are no help.

Which hotels do they use?

What happens if you are a smoker?

What about food and laundry?

My husband has exemptions to travel there for work but we have no idea what to expect. I’d appreciate any advice/information. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel Quarantine
Save

I’m curious to know how you would be getting there, as I understand that there are no scheduled flights into the country. Are you coming by sea?

If you are coming for work, what has his employer said about quarantine?

I did see some news reports recently, that some returning workers were being quarantined on Irirriki Island. Many, if not most, resorts have laid off most staff, and are mothballed.

Good luck.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel Quarantine
Save

Hi there,

There are 2 flights a month from Brisbane to Port Vila with Air Vanuatu, however these are booked via the government authorities upon the provision of exemptions.

It's a bit of a relief that he may end up on Irirriki. At least it's nice an open.

Thanks!

Reply to: Hotel Quarantine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.