We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Dubai from Scotland

6 posts
Travelling to Dubai from Scotland
Save

I am travelling to dubai in October. I've read up on everything I need to do however my question is how do I get my vaccine status uploaded onto the Dubai app, as in scotland we are given paper copies and not digital. Can Any Scottish people give me some advice who have travelled recently? Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Travelling to Dubai from Scotland
Save

As far as I can see Collette you don’t. I have looked through the app and all I have to do is scan my qr code once I have the results of my Pcr before I fly.

Scotland only have paper copies as you say so get ine and carry it with you.

I think they are looking into aligning us with the rest of the Uk and giving us a code for the app.

I am sure someone will correct me if inaccurate .

Edited: 31 August 2021, 02:31
6 posts
2. Re: Travelling to Dubai from Scotland
Save

Thanks for replying. Yes from what I gathered I should just take the paper copy but a little cautious as I was reading that some countries won't accept paper copies so just need to hope for the best

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
52,410 posts
35 reviews
111 helpful votes
3. Re: Travelling to Dubai from Scotland
Save

Can you photograph the paper copy and upload it as a JPEG file ?

I’d still take the paper copy too though

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
10,596 posts
9 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Travelling to Dubai from Scotland
Save

Just for reference, the protocols from NCEMA in Dubai/UAE have always stipulated paper 'certificates' for PCR test results (even without elaboration or specification). That, and often folk in Dubai do love a good paper-shuffle and rustle, would make me recommend always having at least two paper copies of docs, as well as scanned.

Reply to: Travelling to Dubai from Scotland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.