We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

I have bought ais 3 times at suvarnabhumi airport. But when i bought dtac at suvarnabhumi airport they sold me a 90 day sim for 1200 baht which expired after 1 day. . I would never buy dtac again if they employ scammers at their stalls

33 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
38,825 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

It doesn't mean it was a scam. Maybe an error with the SIM.

Why not go to a dTac store and get it sorted?

Edited: 22 January 2023, 00:34
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
1,649 reviews
565 helpful votes
2. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

You could talk to a DTAC officer. Bring your DTAC receipt to a DTAC store.

There are DTAC stores in malls, Big C, and Lotus.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
1,649 reviews
565 helpful votes
3. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

What plan did you buy from DTAC? Tourist?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,465 posts
54 reviews
51 helpful votes
4. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

As suggested, you need to take the SIM to the nearest Dtac store. Make sure to bring the receipt and your phone with you. It could have been a sales clerk mistake or a simple installation error.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
19,376 posts
142 reviews
71 helpful votes
5. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

I doubt it is a scam. As others have said, you need to go ti a DTAC shop and get them to check the sim.

Edited: 22 January 2023, 03:00
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
6. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

First post. 5 5 5

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
38,825 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

It's amazing that people are quick to call something scam and create and post a new thread on TA knowing that there is nothing that we can do.

It also amazes me that they haven't simply found a DTAC store and tried to resolve the issue.

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

Ok i got 3 text messages saying my service is expiring. I did assume it's a scam bcos i have experienced so many similar scams in SE Asia.i will go to a dtac store and see whether they can clarify what's going on. I didn't get a receipt but i have never previously got one when buying a sim.

Thailand
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,255 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

Chances are if it expired that quick it wasn't activated properly, a correctable mistake, NOT a scam. People are too quick to cry scam, fraud in social media these days.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
6 reviews
10 helpful votes
10. Re: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Save

I've been with DTAC for many years. Often they give freebies. For example I returned on Friday and used the app to purchase 90 days unlimited data (10mps) for 900, but at the same time they gave me a 24 HR 3GB max speed freebie. So sure enough at the 24hr mark I got a text saying my plan was expiring - referring of course to the freebie and not the plan I purchased.

So that could be your explanation? But as others have suggested, visit a DTAC shop and ask, rather than assuming you've been scammed. But before you do that, download the app - it will clearly show your plan status. It might save you a trip.

I have had no issues with Dtac in the past 7 yrs.

Reply to: Beware Dtac store at suvarnabhumi airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.