We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakeside to world peace stupa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
42 reviews
Lakeside to world peace stupa

Hi everyone

I am wanting to go from lakedise to World Peace Stupa, stopping at Devils Falls and Gupteswar Cave on the way. Any advice about how best to get transport there and what it would cost (& if they are worth visiting and what the entry fees are). I then plan to walk down from the Stupa to the boats and return via the lake.

Thanks for your help.

2 replies to this topic
Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Lakeside to world peace stupa

Hi

I did it the other way a few years ago, took a boat across the lake hiked up to the Peace Pagoda and then walked back mainly via the road visiting the cave and waterfall along the way. I liked the pagoda and the great view but found falls and cave fair to meddling. I'd say a taxi going up should be around NRP1000 including a few stops along the way.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Cumbria
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Lakeside to world peace stupa

I also go the same way as suggested by Eric

Get up Early, Catch a boat from neat the Tal Barahi Temple over the lake– (The Tal Barahi Temple is on a small island on Fewa Tal) then allow around ¾ of an hour to walk up to the Peace Stupa, then follow the ridge with the Peace Pagoda at your back with the lake on your left and after 10 / 15 minutes or so you will find a path descending to the right –This brings you out on the Tansen to Pokhara road, turn left and follow this for 5 minutes and The Tibetan Refugee Camp is on your right – Then continue in the same direction and Gupteswar Cave is another 5 minutes’ walk in the middle of a series of small shopping lanes beyond the Refugee Camp – You get a view of Devi Falls tumbling into the cave from the lower level.

Then head back to the road and you can either walk back to Lakeside via Damside, catch the little bus or bargain for a taxi.

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Travel Pages including Nepal blog https:/…

Reply to: Lakeside to world peace stupa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pokhara