Me and my dad will travel to Nepal for a 10 day trip in a week. We arrive on 19 October late and get a hotel in Kathmandu. We want to stay there for 3 nights max, then fly early to Pokhara on 22 October. We want to do the Poon Hill Trek 23-26 October. Then fly back to KTM 28 October and to Europe on 29 October.
I've been reading some previous topics, but still I'm not sure so I just ask my questions here:
1. I read that there's no need to prebook the domestic flight online. But can we just go to the airport and book the KTM - Pokhara flight on 22 October itself if we want to fly in the morning? Or do I need to do this in advance? And if in advance, do I need to do it at the airport or can my hotel staff take care of it as well (we book a decent hotel)?
2. If we arrive in Pokhara on 22 October with no trek booked, can we arrange everything for a Poon Hill Trek starting on 23 October? Or is that time too short? We want a guide + carrier (Can that be the same person??), permits, gear (we got most of the stuff ourselves but might still need a few extras), etc. Can it also be fully booked everywhere and will we need to book it in advance/ is there a chance we can only start on like a day later or so?
3. I've been trying to find out about temperatures and rain, but the results differ. I think most of the rain is over, but do we still need raincoats? What about temperature, am I correct that it won't drop below like 10 degree Celcius, or will it get colder towards Poon Hill? And if needed, can I hire a jacket in Pokhara that can help me both to protect myself from rain and can keep myself warm all trek? I'm quite tall (& skinny), but I only have like winter coats here which seems unpractical and heavy to carry with me on the trip.
4. I've got a decent sleeping bag, but my dad doesn't and he's ready to buy one which he will probably only need for these 4 days and will never use anymore (my dad is 77, still physically fit but doing this together is a one time thing we want to do and I don't see him making a trip or do a trek like this again to be honest). I read about good blankets in the places that you end up during the trek and also the possibility to hire a decent sleeping bag in Pokhara. So I should tell him to not buy a sleeping back in advance, right?:P
5. We fly out from KTM on 29 October around 21:00. Is it wise to stay in Pokhara till 29 October and get ourselves a morning flight from Pokhara-KTM? Or is there a chance that flights will be full or get cancelled all day and should we fly to KTM on 28 October?
I'm sorry if some things are asking for the obvious, but going with my dad I feel responsible to prepare things better than I would do on my own and then it's better to ask the experts and be 100% sure about everything! :)