We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driver

brighton england
Level Contributor
144 posts
68 reviews
driver

hi, roughly how much would it cost to hire a car with driver for half a day to visit 2 or 3 sights, thanks

8 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,242 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: driver

Hi

It is hard to say, for me at least, because it depends on the distances involved.

It might be cheaper to take taxis point to point.

Where do you want to go?

scoodly

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: driver

Hi

Assuming you stay within the Kathmandu valley no more than USD 50 tops. But if you stay within the Boudha, Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath area you should be able to get a taxi for less then half that amount.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: driver

Hi it approximately costs about 25-30 for a car with driver for travelling inside Kathmandu city. The car is enough for up to three people. But if you want to go out of Kathmandu they have different charges like to go to Pokhara it is a day but costs about 85-90 usd. Happy journey! G

brighton england
Level Contributor
144 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: driver

thanks all, we would only need a driver in pokhara to visit devils falls, gurkha museum and a general tour of the town, thanks

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,242 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: driver

Hi again

I would just get taxis point to point - they are always available at points of interest to tourists and there is no need (in my opinion of course) for a fancy, comfortable 4x4 with air conditioning for such short journeys.

scoodly

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: driver

Hi,

We booked a taxi to visit Sarangkot, Old Town and Bindabasini Temple from our hotel and it costed us NPR 1500 round trip. On another instance we booked a taxi to visit the Peace Stupa, Mahadev Cave/ Davi's Fall etc. which costed us NPR 1200. In all, I assume if you book a taxi for all the above combined together, it would prove economical. Taxi here I am talking about is a small hatchback one.

brighton england
Level Contributor
144 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: driver

thanks all

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: driver

September 2018: We used Needs Travel & Tours all around Jomsom, Mustang District, and they also work in/around Pokhara. I recommend Mr. Dhurba Bahadur Mahat. A very good, safe driver as well as kind, and thoughtful about the comfort of his passengers.

+977-984-685-9127 980-6607493 984-650-2602 email: needstnt@gmail.com

Reply to: driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pokhara
Recent Conversations