We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
407 reviews
560 helpful votes
Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

Hello!!

I visit Nepal, specially Pokhara city very often.

This time I am visiting Pokhara and near by places in March with my six years old son and decided to trek near by treks in 7-10 days.

Yet I didn't decide any specific trek, just want to go the easiest one and want to stay in camps to make this a great experience for him.

Need your guidance on same topic:-

01. Is it safe to go on trek with six years old boy?

02. Which trek is most easiest one? We don't have any specific number of kms or hours in mind for daily target just we will reach up to our comfort level daily and stay there for night.

03. I am looking for independent Porter who speaks and understand Hindi or English, how much that will cost us?

04. Do we need to carry winter clothes in March end?

Lets start discussing things and will ask during same.

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
232 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

If you want to trek Ghorepani or Mardi Himal, then it is relatively safer for child than ABC, AC and EBC Trek. I suggest you to bring some winter clothes as you reaches up to 3200 m / 4600 m above the level. So it requires winter clothes even in March.

In my opinion, it is not good to take an independent porter only. If you want porter only, then just contact an authorized trekking operator. Because you need to issue permit to go to trek and it is only possible via trekking operators.

Best wishes

The Himalayan Guide

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
407 reviews
560 helpful votes
2. Re: Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

Thanks for fast and detailed response. So may I know which treks are suitable for six years boy and for what amount I can get independent porter? Would be great if you can post here few videos of those treks from youTube. Thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

Please explain what is a porter cum guide? Thank you

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,759 posts
56 reviews
39 helpful votes
4. Re: Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

Hi Nelka

A porter cum guide (or porter/guide) is somebody who fulfils the duties of a guide and porter for trekkers.

This can be a good value option for a trekker compared to hiring a guide and a porter. P/Gs will guide people but may not have the knowledge, experience and skills that a traine, licenced gudie posesses. A P/G will cary some weight but not usually as much as a porter.

scoodly

5. Re: Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2018, 17:11

Reply to: Porter cum Guide Trekking near Pokhara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pokhara