We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.

Pokhara, Nepal
Level Contributor
146 posts
Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.
Save

Northern Gorkha District, especially the Manaslu Trail along the Budhi Gandaki saw lots of landslides over the last days and weeks. Food has to be airlifted...

https://kathmandupost.com/gandaki-province/2021/08/30/floods-landslides-obstruct-foot-trails-in-northern-gorkha

4 replies to this topic
5 posts
1. Re: Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.
Save

If I would trek in Nepal over the next few weeks, the monsoon fallout would be my main concern.

Arnhem, The...
4 posts
2. Re: Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.
Save

I see there was another landslide on Monday in Pokhara:

https://kathmandupost.com/gandaki-province/2021/09/02/three-die-in-separate-landslides-in-pokhara

Three people died, many more injured, and judging the photos there is significant damage to some houses. The article of Soshin mentions obstructions to trails, bridges, cutting off villages on the Manaslu trail.

Of course our sympathy goes out to the inhabitants of the area. At the same time I tend to agree that tourism helps the region. We were (and are) still planning to visit the region next month (mid October - November), so wondering what will be possible by then (not even mentioning covid)..

4 posts
3. Re: Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.
Save

Manang is also cut off.

Pokhara, Nepal
Level Contributor
146 posts
4. Re: Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.
Save

@3

May I ask you about your source?

Reply to: Tsum cut off from the outside world by landslides.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.