We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day uganda tour

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
6 day uganda tour

Hello,

We are planning to do a 6 - 7 day tour of Uganda in the last 2 weeks of May this year. Want to see the gorillas and do some game drives.. Any suggestions on what how to do this tour and see whatever highlights Uganda has to offer . Which tour agency does anyone recommend .. mid range accomodation?

Thank you in advance

Mary

12 replies to this topic
State College, Pa
Level Contributor
800 posts
215 reviews
1. Re: 6 day uganda tour

Mary, we have used Churchhill Safaris twice now for trips to Uganda. And, if we were to return we certainly would use them again, if even we could not have Brighton as our guide (had him on two previous trips). One of the many nice features of this company is flexibility in various camps/lodges which helps out on budget. Did not opt for gorilla walk but were in key areas while birding. Via trip advisor one can check out reviews of camps/lodges. Get pricing from a couple of safari companies and do homework.

Nevada
Level Contributor
26 posts
2. Re: 6 day uganda tour

I highly recommend services of Uganda Adventure Safaris. DId a 10 days Safaris with them and they so good, they responded promptly and gave us a reasonable price. We also felt safe with our guide and he was a very helpful guide. Check them out and see what they can offer you.

For more info about them check www.ugadventure-safaris.com.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: 6 day uganda tour

Go for Uganda Adventure Safaris, I hired a Driver/guide from them for a safari to murch falls and it was a great experience. I also used them to queen and when my family visited, they went with them.

Have a safe trip

Edited: 31 March 2018, 02:57
Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: 6 day uganda tour

Are you sure that the period you have chosen is not the rainy season?

We have been 4 times in Uganda and always with the same tour operator. The first time we had a safari in Uganda to see the gorillas we chose http://www.ugandawildlifescene.com, because I found excellent references in this forum about them and Mr. Tom Bakara. We found ourselves so well that the year after we returned with them to do the Rwanda tour. The third time we visited karamojong and Kidepo National Park. Tom Bakara the owner is a person exquisite and very attentive to the needs of each client, you can make tailor-made trips, and for every budget. He responds immediately to every request. His agency is small but with more than 10 years experience in the field. Uganda is truly a beautiful country to visit. Happy holiday

Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
196 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: 6 day uganda tour

6 -7 days Gorillas and wildlife safari Will involve

Day1

Travel to Kibale. Make an afternoon stopover at Sebitoli for Nature walk.

Have an overnight at KFC.

Day2.

Chimps tracking. Afternoon travel to QENP overnight Bush Lodge.

Day3

Morning game drive

Afternoon Boat tour on Kazinga channel.

Overnight Bush Lodge

Day4.

Travelto Ishasha

Overnight Enjojo

Day5

Morning game drive for Fig tree climbing Lionns.

Afternoon travel to Bwindi.

Overnight. Community camp.

Day6.

Gorilla trek

Overnight

Day7

Travel to Entebbe. And fly back home.

At a more organised and cheaper Local level

Contact

aelguide1@gmail.com

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
6. Re: 6 day uganda tour

Our trip was organised by a local tour guide called Franklin of Wild Excursions.

I can recommend him any time.He communicates on time and gives you a break down of each cost so that you know what exactly you're paying for.

His email is fseth61@gmail.com and company email is wildexcursionsug@gmail.com

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
87 reviews
7. Re: 6 day uganda tour

I have been to several Uganda safaris and the best company so far was Kyambura Safaris. Very knowledgable, professional, friendly and safe. I'm assuming emailing them would get you a good response and deal. kyamburasafaris@gmail.com

Good luck!!! Enjoy your trip. Uganda is awesome.

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: 6 day uganda tour

I would recommend Bamboo Ecotours. They are a small operator premised around ethical and environmental conscious travel. I booked with them on my recent gorilla trek in Uganda. I trust they will organize a memorable trip for you. Here is their website - www.bambooecotours.com

Good luck!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: 6 day uganda tour

Thank you Fanny! We love it that you loved our trips together. Uganda loves you, again and again. We also have a website: www.kyamburasafaris.com or info@kyamburasafaris.com.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: 6 day uganda tour

Hello Mary; Visit us at www.kyamburasafaris.com and we will be at your service. Or do not hesitate to drop us mail on your needs at info@kyamburasafaris.com or kyamburasafaris@gmail.com We will be glad to plan a six day itinerary for you for memories and more memories. Aggrey - Safaris Manager, Kyambura Go Safaris

Reply to: 6 day uganda tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted