We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin or Zilwa??

3 posts
Westin or Zilwa??
Save

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Mauritius in April. I've found a couple hotels which work with my budget - Westin Turtle Bay or Zilwa Attitude, hoping someone can advise me which is better? We're a couple in our late 20's (partner turning 30 whilst away) we want a good location with things to do but also somewhere we can switch off and relax, does anyone know which resort has the best location and best beach/sea ? Any other suggestions would be appreciated :) I'm also looking to book a special dinner (preferably on a beach) for one night so again suggestions would be greatly appreciated for this.

Thank you in advance!

Emma

1 reply
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
59,351 posts
155 reviews
1,039 helpful votes
1. Re: Westin or Zilwa??
Save

I've stayed at Intercontinental which is right next door to Westin, and whilst Westin itself looks lovely the beach is not that great being rocky.

I think I gave you some photos of Zilwa in your previous post and of Balaclava which includes a few Intercontinental photos if you scroll down the page past Ravenala photos:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-citypage/bronia/g488101

Zilwa's beach is better than Westins.

Have you compared their respective Tripadvisor reviews?

All hotels can arrange a special dinner on the beach.

Reply to: Westin or Zilwa??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mauritius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.