We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels

3 posts
Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Save

Hello,

Hoping someone can help.

I'm looking to go to Mauritius in April as a surprise for my partners 30th. I'm looking at the attitude hotels and wondering which one, if any are worth staying in? Particularly interested in the Ravenala and Zilwa however reviews state the Ravenala sea/beach is a bit of a let down due to muggy water. Also wondering if anyone from UK has gone to Mauritius for 7 days? Everyone seems to go 10+ days, is it worth the 11 hour flight for 7 days stay?

Thank you in advance :)

5 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
27,812 posts
3,121 reviews
2,728 helpful votes
1. Re: Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Save

In April location is not an issue. Zilwa is on the northern part of the island. Ravenala is more north/west.

I stayed at a hotel in the Balaclava area some years ago. I did not find the water muggy.

The beaches in the north and north west area are not as good as the eastern part of the island. The east has the best beaches but also more remote.

I have stayed for less than 10 days in the past, mainly because it was combined with a stopover in Dubai.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
7,456 posts
64 reviews
94 helpful votes
2. Re: Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Save

Can't comment on Attitude hotels but just wanted to suggest that you also look at pricing for early May as it usually goes into low season then and can save you a bit just by going a couple of weeks later.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
59,358 posts
155 reviews
1,039 helpful votes
3. Re: Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Save

We stayed at Ravenla when it first opened.

Liked the large rooms, number of restaurants, and large swimming pools.

What we disliked was the beach, very small and because a river runs alongside one side of the hotel the water can be silty.

A lot of beach is reserved for the adult only seaview rooms, so another negative.

It's over a 30 minute drive to Grand Baie with nothing to do outside the resort.

My photos and review of Ravenala here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-citypage/bronia/g488101

Zilwa I visited when it first opened and quite liked it.

My photos and review here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-citypage/bronia/g3186967

3 posts
4. Re: Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Save

Thank you so much for your comments, they've definitely helped! I have looked both in April and May however flights seem to be quite a bit cheaper at the end of April compared to May? Bronia, what was the location of Zilwa like? are there things to do out of resort? Thank you again :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
59,358 posts
155 reviews
1,039 helpful votes
5. Re: Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Save

Flights are usually about the same price April and May, give or take Easter and May Bank Holiday?

Zilwa is at Calodyne and about 20 - 25 minutes drive from Grand Baie and about 10 minutes drive from the residential town of Goodlands.

It's a small residential area with a few shops and a small Intermart supermarket.

https://tinyurl.com/2bkf56zk

Reply to: Mauritius in April - 7 days and attitude hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mauritius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.