We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCR test for transiting Bole airport

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
PCR test for transiting Bole airport
Save

Hello, I have a 3 hour transit in Addis in the end of September. I'll be coming from Portugal and my government's information says I need to take a PCR test in a Trusted Travel lab before I fly, or if I'm coming from a country with no Trusted Travel labs I need to upload the test results in the system. According to Trusted Travel site there's a lab in my country but it's 300km from where I live and I simply can't travel there to take the test in time for traveling. Could I take a PCR test in another lab and upload the results to the system? How long should it take for them to validate? I'm traveling from Lisbon to Rome and from Rome to Addis then to the Seychelles, and for entry in the Seychelles, I need the PCR test to be taken 72hrs before departure to the country. Thank you in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Titchfield, United...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
7,871 posts
91 reviews
85 helpful votes
1. Re: PCR test for transiting Bole airport
Save

You don't need test proof to transit Addis.

If your trusted list is the one on the AU approved App....don't worry. No digital checks at Addis yet.

Just get a PCR test plus certificate.. in Lisbon with timing that satisfies Seychelles rules.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: PCR test for transiting Bole airport
Save

Thank you for clarifying, I was worried about having to take one test in an approved lab to transit while going to Seychelles and then another PCR on the way back, this will simplify things.

Reply to: PCR test for transiting Bole airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ethiopia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.