We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus

4 posts
Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

Hi,

I will arrive in Tangiers this coming Friday and need to travel to Tetouan from there,

I bought an online CTM bus ticket from Tangier to Tetouan.

I can not find any clear info on the departure address/station in tangier for the CTM bus to Tetouan, and the arrival address in Tetouan.

Does anyone know more clear info?

Thank you for your help in advance

8 replies to this topic
penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
17,294 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
1. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

CTM has it’s own bus station. You can take a taxi to the CTM station.

Kaptain Sensible posted some directions in the bellow link. Link after that is a Google map.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293730-i9195-k13015331-CTM_Bus_Station_in_Tangier-Morocco.html

https://www.google.com/maps/place/CTM+station+Tanger/@35.7514428,-5.7926038,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x50af4bd91cc9f4f3!8m2!3d35.751131!4d-5.7920486?hl=en

Safe travels.

Edited: 31 August 2021, 09:29
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
2. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

The old Tangier Gare Routiere ( main city bus station) was demolished last year and a new bus station was opened on Rocade 9 Sud ( the southern ring road) a long way from Tangier city centre, the CTM Moghogha private bus station is still operational on Route du Tetouan opposite the railway station of the same name. If you will be in Tangier city centre you will need a Petit taxi to reach this CTM bus station or it's a 4 mile hike over rough pavement terrain and the many other street obstacles, Petit taxis are metered but greedy drivers prefer to haggle a fare taking advantage of your gullible tourist status, if not relishing a tiresome argument with awkward drivers around ten or twelve dirhams would be a realistic estimate, the last time I passed this way I opted for the 'rough pavement' alternative.

At Tetouan, CTM also have their own private bus station, I can't remember the precise address ( fell asleep on the bus) but it was very central in the city centre, try a Google search like 'map CTM bus station Tetouan Morocco'........

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
3. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

I found a map, the CTM private Tetouan bus station is on Avenida Hassan 2 conveniently located in the city centre.

4 posts
4. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

Thank you kindly! very much appreciate all your advice and help

Edited: 01 September 2021, 01:52
4 posts
5. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

On Google maps the CTM station, is said to be on La Rocade 9, so this is the old location I think? or similar as you you propose? double-checking to make sure :)

The Tetouan CTM station is clearer to find on the map with the address you mentioned indeed in the medina.

Thank you

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
17,294 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

All the taxi drivers will know where the CTM station is. So just tell them "estacion de autobus de CTM".

like KS said you should pay between 10 and 20 DH for this trip.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
23 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

No, La Rocade is the new bus station for lines other than CTM. The CTM bus station is right by Moghogha train station.

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
17,294 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
8. Re: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Save

What DD said. And the taxis will know where it is.

Reply to: Tangier to Tetouan with CTM bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tangier
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.