We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography Gear In Morocco

Photography Gear In Morocco
Save

Ill be traveling to Morocco in a few days and Ive been reading differing accounts on photography equipment and how their customs looks at gear. Is it safe to take my camera there? Will I encounter any problems with 2-3 lenses (a 70-200 included)? Im also debating taking a gimbal but might avoid it. Are there any restrictions I should be aware of?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

2 replies to this topic
penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
26,053 posts
49 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Photography Gear In Morocco
Save

Unless your equipment is very expensive I see no problems. Doubt they will even look at your equipment.

Why would you not take your gimbal with you? Why do you think it will be a problem?

Make sure to never photo military, police or buildings of the latter two or gevernment.

Do not take any drones.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
43 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Photography Gear In Morocco
Save

I have been thru Marrakech immigration with a DSLR and 2 or 3 lenses. I don’t think they even noticed.

Reply to: Photography Gear In Morocco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.