We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking boots in Tangier

2 posts
Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

My trusty old pair of boots are starting to fall to bits and I need some new ones. Does anybody know a good place in Tangier to buy some?

10 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
18,893 posts
69 reviews
86 helpful votes
1. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

Decathlon has a variety of quality/price.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
61 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

Do you want a pair that will last or are good just for the holiday? If the latter go to Carly or a local shoeshop. If the former, you'd probably need a Decathlon branch. I don't know if they are present in Tangiers.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
61 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

@TimCullis

Great minds...

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
49 reviews
21 helpful votes
4. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

If you buy them in the souks they will surely be fakes. Maybe good fakes or more likely bad fakes.

You might want to go to one of the malls as there will be stores selling them. Just expect to be paying high prices over what you might get them outside Morocco (high duties).

You might try Decathlon sport shops (they are often in the malls). Looks like there is one near the Marjane supermarket which can be reached by taxi and local buses.

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
49 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

Damn I posted this when there were no replies and poof 3 before me ... And all with similar advice lol.

I took longer because I looked where the Decathlon shop was in Tangier.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
18,893 posts
69 reviews
86 helpful votes
6. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

Ah, but I knew there was one in Tanger as I'd been there, and the ones in Mohammedia, Oujda and Marrakech. All in search of the illusive Coleman screwtop cooking gas cannisters.

Edited: 19 January 2023, 05:17
penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
49 reviews
21 helpful votes
7. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

"All in search of the illusive Coleman screwtop cooking gas cannisters."

There is a shop right off the main square in Marrakech that sells all manner of gas canisters including Coleman. They also sell complete stoves with tank included as well gas lanterns and other similar gear.

For what I bought the price was very reasonable.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
18,893 posts
69 reviews
86 helpful votes
8. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

Ah, thank you. Which direction from the square, is it past the Tazi?

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
49 reviews
21 helpful votes
9. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

No walk from Ali straight towards the Argana restaurant then go to the left to the square with the Pharmacy. in teh center.Stay left and it is just as you go down the alley / street there.

I took many pictures of the store front showing the gas device wares, I think the store is old but the gas powered merchandise is new as I have passed the store and did not remember them having it.

I will try to post a picture or to of the store front later today that should help finding it. It is not that hard to find as very near the little square with the pharmacy in it.

Edited: 19 January 2023, 06:13
2 posts
10. Re: Hiking boots in Tangier
Save

Thanks for the responses. I'll swing by a decathlon when I'm near one.

Reply to: Hiking boots in Tangier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.