We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

The translation of this article is a bit flimsy but it appears the authorities are tightening up on the validity of PCR tests that are performed to exit Morocco.

I believe this means each laboratory has to dispatch results through a centralised E-labs and that the results can then be obtained by the individual travellers through www.liqhahcorona.ma portal.

I'm not sure of the relationship between this portal and the Wiqaytna mobile app, which in any case requires a Moroccan SIM card to activate—which most visitors won't have.

Article; https://www.lesiteinfo.com/maroc/maroc-nouvelle-mesure-concernant-les-voyageurs-a-letranger/

11 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

Another article from the previous day that goes into a bit more detail, https://www.lesiteinfo.com/maroc/le-maroc-met-en-place-des-mesures-pour-garantir-la-fiabilite-des-tests/

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
2. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

Basically the same information as the link above, but this is the official release from the Moroccan Ministry of Health.

The new system is expected to come into use from today or tomorrow. The implication is that this will affect ALL travellers who wish to get a PCR test within Morocco; the document will no longer be directly provided by the lab but will be passed by the lab to the E-Lab platform from where the client will be able to download the certificate from the Liqahcorona.ma server.

If all your ducks are in a row and no manual intervention is required, this process could well be seamless and the lab presumably will just give the client a link to where they can download their certificate to their mobile phone or to print out. A QR code will likely be used so that border officials can instantly bring up the details of the certificate from the E-Labs server to check the personal record. Fingers crossed this works as planned.

Ministry of Health: https://www.sante.gov.ma/Pages/communiqu%C3%A9s.aspx?communiqueID=392

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
3. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

Just noticed a typo in the original post heading, the site is liqahcorona.ma

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

For UK nationals is it okay to exit Morocco with a self administered antigen test.... I purchased one from Chronomics and I'm meant to take a photo of the test result and upload it to them, and if it's negative they provide me with the necessary code to put on my UK passenger locator form? Also, I'll only be booking my first night's accommodation as after that I'm staying with Moroccan freinds, so wondering if it would be a problem if I put their address on the Morrocan ocator form, or should I just put the hotel of the first night, do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
23 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

I don't think this is allowed. You need one of the tests whereby they watch you taking the test on a video link.

The requirement for a hotel reservation has officially been dropped. However, some people are still being asked at immigration where they are staying. Just give your first night hotel. Remember though that if your friends do not fill out a police form themselves stating that they are accommodating you, they will be breaking the law themselves.

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
17,213 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

@ paul w

Unless what ever you get from this company has a valid QR code you would be denied boarding for your flight back to the UK.

You should also check if this company is approved by the UK.

Just put the hotel on your health form . No one has reported they check if you are there your whole stay. This could change though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

@ paul w

You are mixing tests. The one you bought is a pre-departure test that you will only need to board the plane back.

The one giving the code to put on your locator form is a Day 2 test that you need to book as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
102 reviews
29 helpful votes
8. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

Thank you Tim for this very helpful and extremely valuable information.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

Dodgy D.... the self administered tests (even not via video link to prove you are correctly carrying out the test) are accepted by the UK government as fit to fly as, I've spoken to a couple of people at work that have used them to return from Greece. The only thing that concerns me as somebody reported on one of these threads that Royal air Maroc were only accepting PCR tests to board flights out of Morocco but he also mentioned someone flew from Fez with Ryanair and they were accepting antigen tests for return to the UK. I'm flying from Rabat with Ryanair.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
23 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Save

I wasn't sure that they would be accepted without the video as it's so open to cheating.

Yes, some RAM passengers have reported that they needed PCR tests to board but Ryanair are accepting antigen tests.

Either wau, good luck and enjoy the rest of the trip.

Reply to: Travellers exiting Morocco must use Liqhahcorona portal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.