We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance

Leeds, United...
11 posts
Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance
Save

Good afternoon,

I am travelling to Morocco this Friday. Going through and booking my travel insurance I thought it would be ideal to try and get cover for any potential quarantine hotel requirements - should I potentially test positive on my fit to return test.

However, a few issues with this;

- I cannot find any insurance as to any policies alluding to this.

- I'm struggling to find anything online regarding costs indicative of having to extend stay due to self isolation.

Thank you in advance.

KR,

C

Edited: 31 August 2021, 21:55
4 replies to this topic
Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
23 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance
Save

I understand that the Hotel al Walid in Casablanca is used as a quarantine hotel. Have a look at booking dot com for a rough idea of its prices. I assume you are going to have to have to add considerably to their basic rate as they need security guards present and you need to be fed. Maybe you could email them.

I did see a list a while back but have forgotten where. The hotels ranged from three star to luxurious. If I remember where the list was, I'll post it.

Hotels that have chalets in the grounds would allow you to stay quarantined in one if you had previously been staying there. This has been reported in this forum.

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
17,259 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance
Save

There is insurance that covers quarantine but they are quite expensive. A few hundred Euro and up.

Leeds, United...
11 posts
3. Re: Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance
Save

Thanks for the reply - do you know what the name of the specific policy addendum would be? I can’t find anything that includes it, so I may be searching the wrong things.

Thank you.

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
17,259 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance
Save

You need to read all the conditions and rules of any policy you wish to buy. As the rules are very tricky and not in the buyers favor.

Your best bet is to get a cancel for any reason insurance plan. Many companies offer this. You need to get it right when you book flights, it does not cover you 100% . Usually it is like 70 to 80%. You need to let them know of any cancellations with in 24 hours.

I will look to see if I have any company names.

Reply to: Quarantine Hotel - Cost and Insurance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.