We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motorcycle insurance

Dortmund, Germany
Level Contributor
113 posts
motorcycle insurance
Save

hey everyone,

i know that some of you like to ride a motorcycle every now and then in Morocco. I am taking my motorcycle from Germany to Morocco next week, and sadly, my home-insurance does not cover Morocco. Does anyone know how exactly this process works? Where do I get this insurance and how much does it cost for let's say one month? The ferry goes from Italy to Tangier Med.

Thank you

Edited: 26 August 2021, 05:17
2 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,453 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: motorcycle insurance
Save

As you exit the police and customs controls at Tanger Med there’s some portacabins on the left that include ATM and insurance. From memory it’s something like 950dh (95€) for a month which is very high for third party only. My Spanish insurance covers my KTM 690 for Morocco and the annual cost is only 145€.

Dortmund, Germany
Level Contributor
113 posts
2. Re: motorcycle insurance
Save

Thanks Tim!

Yeah i know, thats a pitty really. My car insurance Covers morocco without issues but the motorcycle one doesnt want to. Sadly im bound and cant switch it until next year so this is my only option

Reply to: motorcycle insurance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.