I know there are a million posts on here asking for opinions on itineraries, which I used as a rough guide to plan my honeymoon trip. My fiance will be graduating in a couple of weeks, I am taking the last section of my CPA exam, we just bought a house, and are getting married in July, so we have a LOT to celebrate and I want to show her the absolute best time possible. So any advice is recommended and I will consider all suggestions. We are staying at the Wailea Marriott for 7 nights. We are a young couple (26 & 23) coming all the way from Florida, looking to enjoy a little bit of everything that Maui has to offer. I have been to Hawaii once before about 8 years ago on a cruise to each of the islands, and my fiance has never been.
Note: I have read all of the warnings about the bike down Haleakala, and I do appreciate and understand the risks. However, we have spoken with a few other couples our age who have done it, and we feel comfortable about engaging in this activity.
Also, I hope the detail I have included is not a bother, I am an accountant and anal by nature ;)
Sunday July 14
- Flight arrives at 1 PM
- Stop at Costco for breakfast food and snacks
- Eat at Da Kitchen
Monday July 15
- Bike down Haleakala (still being on East coast time should make this easier to do on day 1)
- Recommendations for other things to do in the area?
Tuesday July 16
- Spend the day relaxing at a beach (recommendations on the best beach nearby to Wailea?)
Wednesday July 17
- Drive West Maui Loop - see blowhole and stop at Julia's Banana Bread
- Lunch at Ono Tacos or Sure Thing Burger
- Dinner at Makena Golf Course Cafe on the Green (time permitting)
Thursday July 18
- Pali Sea Cliff Discovery Kayak Tour
- Black Rock - snorkeling and cliff jumping?
- Sheraton Cliff Dive Bar
Friday July 19
- Road to Hana
Saturday July 20
- Try to go to the swap meet in Kahului
- Iao Valley State Park