We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
26 reviews
28 helpful votes
Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

Hi there we are considering coming back to Sand Pedro in Jan 2022 , I have been looking at Air Canada website and West Jet, it's tricky to figure out whether Air Canada is continuing to fly there and more importantly which days. I can see it looks like West Jet is Flying Wed and Saturdays and some Fridays, but we are really looking for a direct Flight on Monday or Tuesday, does anyone know if these companies would be potentially flying there in January and which days? thanks very much for any input

8 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
16 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

As far as I know, Air Canada has never flown direct flights to BZE. As you noted, Westjet is flying there again, starting on November 3 (we are on that flight). Now, their days may change between now and January, but I wouldn't count on it. Last time we went there (before Westjet started flying there) we went with Delta through Atlanta & it was a very fast connection. Now, I understand if you don't want to transit through Atlanta, but if you are set on a specific day of the week, it might be your best choice.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
2. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

Air Canada started flying direct from Toronto to BZE in 2016. We flew with them return in 2017 and one way home in 2020 when WestJet cancelled due to the pandemic and didn't offer any repatriation options.

It is a very strange time and anything can happen but I would think that if Air Canada hasn't scheduled any flights 6 months out, it's unlikely that they will add them this season. ...but keep an eye on the BZE blog https://www.pgiabelize.com/blog/ They are very quick to announce new service.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
26 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

all good information thanks very much

Kanata, Canada
Level Contributor
912 posts
12 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

Where does the WestJet flight leave from ?

Belize City, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
8,549 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

Toronto and Calgary, to BZE

United States
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

Just a comment on airlines generally... I am not sure you can count on anything that far out in the future in our current situation. We have been flying domestically with Southwest for years and years, and flew SW to Belize incidentally, and never had schedule changes until this past 9 months. In that time, we have booked travel a few months in advance several times with a focus on non-stops and departure/arrival times, only to find the flights completely changed around including adding stops, revising departure and arrival times and in the process totally screwing up our plans (especially rental car and shuttle plans which are time dependent and don't have a lot of options for revising closer to travel). If the schedule is critically important for you, you might need to wait to book.

2 posts
7. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

We travelled with Air Canada Rouge last year on a Monday came back on a Friday. Feb 24 to Mar 13.

Edited: 12 September 2021, 02:36
1 post
8. Re: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Save

I used to live in Houston and probably took that direct flight to Belize a dozen times with United/Continental. Now I live in Florida and connect in Houston on United, going in January 22 too. Only downside with moving here! Also, you could connect in Dallas, I think they have daily flights too on American.

Reply to: Flying to Belize from Toronto Air Canada & WestJet flying?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.