We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Romantic Night, on a budget...

Placerville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
1 Romantic Night, on a budget...

I'm desperately looking for ideas! I want to do an overnight anniversary thing but the catch is I'm short on time and money. I'm looking for somewhere close, romantic, affordabe (approx. $150 for a room) and clean. The good news is I'm in LA so I have some good location choices. However, I only want to waste about 2 hrs. on the road. I've looked at Santa Barbara, Big Bear, even as far as Cambria - but I still haven't found that "just right" place.

Any ideas would REALLY help!

Thanks

Dallas
5 posts
1. Re: 1 Romantic Night, on a budget...

Have you considered Solvang, CA? according to Yahoo maps, it is only 2 hours away from L.A. It is a little Danish town nestled in the foothills of the Santa Inez mountains since 1911. There is Danish architecture and windmills everywhere and lots of Danish pastry shops and restaurants. There are women with dresses and aprons and wooden clogs walking about. It's very picturesque and romantic and all the little hotels and motels are good, around $100-150. The days are warm and the evenings are cool. I've been there twice and have really enjoyed it. Why don't you look it up and see if that's what you are looking for?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
8 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: 1 Romantic Night, on a budget...

This post was from 2005. Hope they already celebrated the anniversary. ;)

Dallas
5 posts
3. Re: 1 Romantic Night, on a budget...

I'm new, I noticed the date after I submitted the post. It still could be helpful to other people who are looking for the same thing and live in the L.A. area

4. Re: 1 Romantic Night, on a budget...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Alhambra
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.