We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Springdale Lunch and Dinner?

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
693 posts
82 reviews
28 helpful votes
Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Save

We will be having our breakfasts at Oscar's as it is included in our hotel stay. Suggestions for Lunches and Dinners? I assume we will be having lunch in the park. Where? Is there a snack bar or? Should we bring a picnic lunch or where to eat within the park? Would it be wise to spend a few dollars at Walmart on the way and pick up a cheap cooler for the entirety as we move on for our three-week trip? If it is a picnic lunch where do we buy the food in Springdale? Restaurants recomendations for dinner?

Thank you! Trying to plan ahead as much as possible.

5 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell, Utah
Level Contributor
38,191 posts
55 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Save

Yes, you should definitely have a cooler. Don't buy the styrofoam type. They leak and squeak. If you are visiting other national parks in Utah, there is no food sold in Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands. There's just one place to buy food inside Bryce. The same for Zion. It's much easier to have food with you so you can eat where you are, even if it's a tailgate lunch in a parking lot, rather than leaving the parks in search of food and end up waiting in line for it.

Rather than buying a ton of bottled water, bring refillable water bottles or, better yet, invest in hydration backpacks. That way you'll have enough water with you. Your hands will be free. You can carry snacks, sunscreen, lip balm, etc., rain jacket with you while you are in the parks.

At Zion, I recommend you eat a hearty breakfast and then take snacks etc., to hold you over until dinner. There is a grill at Zion Lodge. It will be busy.

Edited: 28 August 2021, 06:06
Toquerville UT
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
82 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Save

Definitely get a cooler and snacks in Hurricane. Oscar’s will give you a hearty breakfast, snacks, granola bars, fruit, nuts should get you through the day.

There is week old thread on restaurants in Springdale. We eat there a lot and I gave some suggestions.

I always suggest a late afternoon, early evening drive up Kolob Terrace Rd. It takes 2 + hours R/T. I drove it the other day and made notes on mileage for things of interest. PM me if this is of interest, not sure how to link it here.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Save

I recommend going back to Oscar's for dinner. It was our favorite meal there.

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
11,950 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Save

We've always bought a small size cooler from a Walmart or other store then donated it back to either a National park office or even to the hotel/motel you are at your last night!

Since then we've bought a smaller sized soft sided collapsible cooler that fits in the bottom of our luggage! This works out well for us.

There is a grocery store in Springdale, Sol Foods Supermarket for those last minute items.

Some other restaurants that we've always enjoyed are the Bit n Spur and Zion Canyon Brew Pub.

SJG

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
5. Re: Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Save

Agree with the others, we take lunch in our pack. With the shuttles, it takes too long to leave the park and return after lunch, not counting the wait time at eateries.

Reply to: Springdale Lunch and Dinner?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.