We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stop between Zion and SLC

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
5 helpful votes
Overnight stop between Zion and SLC
Save

We will be flying in/out of SLC next month when we visit the southern Utah parks. Our last stop will be 2 nights at the lodge in Zion National Park, Monday and Tuesday. We fly home on Thursday. The original plan was to leave Zion early afternoon on Wednesday and drive to Salt Lake City to overnight near the airport. I have reservations at a hotel close to the airport for Wednesday night. Our flight time has changed from noon on Thursday to 2 pm. I am considering if we should try to stay somewhere in between Zion and SLC to allow us more time at Zion on Wednesday and to break up the drive.

Any suggestions on a good place to overnight that would be on the way?

2 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell, Utah
Level Contributor
38,182 posts
55 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Overnight stop between Zion and SLC
Save

If you have a 1 pm flight, then you should be in SLC or even Par City (40 minute easy drive to airport). If you decide on SLC, please don’t stay out at the airport. There’s not much out there. Downtown SLC is about a 15 minute drive to the airport. There are more lodging and dining options.

It’s a 4 hour drive, no stops, from Springdale to SLC. On the way to SLC, you could stop at the Kolob Canyon section of Zion.You might enjoy driving the Mt Nebo Scrnic also.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Overnight stop between Zion and SLC
Save

I was hoping to split up the 4 hour drive. When I map Zion to Park City it looks like it is also 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Is there a benefit to staying in Park City over Salt Lake City if we are going to drive the full 4 hours on Wednesday?

(Flight is at 2 p m.)

Reply to: Overnight stop between Zion and SLC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.