We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July itinerary Approval

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
July itinerary Approval

we have 6 days in late July with 2 teens. Flying through Denver

Considering -

2 days Estes, RMNP

Drive trail ridge to

2 days Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, visit glenwood, raft

2 days Colorado Springs

Garden of gods, pikes peak

Sound like too much? Considering 3 days park Hyatt and one day Colorado Springs.

Thanks for advice!!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: July itinerary Approval

I might vote for the 3 days in Beaver Creek as the temps in the mountains (beaver creek) will be much more pleasant than in C. Springs in July.

Matt

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,561 posts
178 reviews
2. Re: July itinerary Approval

How about a night in Aspen/Snowmass after your days in Beaver Creek? Then you'd be well situated to drive Independence Pass en route to Colorado Springs.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
3. Re: July itinerary Approval

OK- how does this sound

6 days

1) Estes Park arrive DIA (will altitude be a problem?) take day to acclimate

2) Estes Park - ride horses and visit park

3) Trail ridge road- overnight Park Hyatt Beaver Creek

4) raft in area Overnight Beaver Creek

5) visit Glenwood Springs overnight Snowmass

6) drive independence to Colorado Springs, visit Pikes Peak and Garden of Gods overnight Colorado Springs or Manitau

7) fly home from DIA

Concerned I may be trying to do too much....

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
21,118 posts
451 reviews
4. Re: July itinerary Approval

This looks good but I wouldn't overnight in Snowmass. Look at either Glenwood or Aspen. Rest looks great. When's your return flight on final day? It's reasonable to drive up from the Springs.

Have fun.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: July itinerary Approval

I would also considering dropping C. Springs.

On day 5, you are visting Glenwood Springs and then onto Snowmass/Aspen. There is a lot to do in this area but seems like you at most have the afternoon here as the next morning you are waking up for a 3+ hr. drive to C. Springs where assuming you leave around 9am, get into C. springs around 12:30-1pm, have lunch...Not much of a window to do much anyhow.

I might consider

4) raft in area, visit Glenwood in the afterooon (or raft down in Glenwood)

5) Beaver Creek in the morning and then onto either Frisco or Breckenridge area

6) Frisco/Breckenridge area

7) down to Denver to fly out

Less driving, more time to be out and about enjoying the mountains. C. springs is ok, but with your current plan, seems like you will not have much time in Snowmass/Aspen area and then leaving next day to go to Springs...where you will not have much time in the afternoon. So, think I would scrap both and start making your way back towards Denver but stop in Frisco/Breckenridge area. Better to be in the mountains than driving down to C. Springs to see a mountain.

Matt

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
6. Re: July itinerary Approval

Thank you for your insight. These forums get me mixed up...

How about if we just stay in Beaver Creek for 4 nights and use it as a base to visit Breck, Frisco, Glenwood? Feel like we're missing something if we don't go to Pikes Peak and Garden of Gods but maybe I'm over thinking it.

7. Re: July itinerary Approval

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2016, 13:17