We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Visit?

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
12 helpful votes
December Visit?
Save

Covid restrictions permitting, I am thinking of visiting Vilnius between Christmas and New Year so around the 27th to 31st December this year.Will the main attractions be open during that time, also restaurants? Would you recommend that we stay for New Year's Eve? Thank you for any wise advce!

2 replies to this topic
Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
324 reviews
268 helpful votes
1. Re: December Visit?
Save

as much as i want to sound wise i frankly do not know how serious covid situation would be around Christmas time. At the moment everything is open. Normally the dates you mention are working days, except museums are closed on Mondays. New Year's Eve is popular to celebrate in restaurants. In pre-covid times there were fireworks on the Cathedral square, but i have heard rumors to scrap them due to ecology. If covid relieved then Christmas market is in place, city is nicely illuminated.

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: December Visit?
Save

Thank you Endis for your very helpful reply.- and indeed your wisdom!!

Reply to: December Visit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vilnius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.