We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Moritz or The Rees

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
40 posts
145 reviews
St Moritz or The Rees

Hello

once again need the opinion of those who know best!

I have the option to stay in a 2 bedroom apt lake view at The Rees or 2 rooms at St Moritz for same exact price.

Where should I stay?

3 replies to this topic
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
1. Re: St Moritz or The Rees

The Rees is about a 30minute walk from downtown, compared to 5-10 minutes for the St Moritz. The Rees does have a shuttle, there's a bus stop nearby, it's in house restaurant is very good, has a walking track right outside and is in a nice location right on the lakefront between Queenstown and the airport (Frankton).

St Moritz as above is much closer to town and all of the main attractions. I've no idea if they run a shuttle (although I doubt it), they too have a nice restaurant and it's only a short walk to the lakefront.

Out of the two, I'd go St Moritz, purely from the convenience of the location. If you have a hire car, you may want to check out parking costs/options for each hotel.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
30,480 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: St Moritz or The Rees

St Moritz is lovely and only a 5 minute walk to the town centre. Friends stayed and I visited them - fab room, fab ensuite, fab views, fab service, fab food.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
40 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: St Moritz or The Rees

Thanks for your opinion!

Reply to: St Moritz or The Rees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown