We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in Queenstown

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Getting around in Queenstown

I searched around and couldn't find any info.

We have rented a car for 2 days - gonna be going to Te Anau and then scuba in Milford Sound. We have ~48h in Queenstown - is the taxi/uber situation solid enough or will renting a car (~200 NZD) be worth it?

16 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
73 reviews
11. Re: Getting around in Queenstown

Isn't there a concern that if you scuba in Milford, you have to wait until you can go over the pass back to Te Anau because of the altitude? Or did I make that up?

ETA - nope, it's not in my mind!

>>>When returning from Milford Sound you must wait 12 hours (after a single dive) or 18 hours (after repetitive and multi-day diving) before going over the Homer Tunnel as states the latest PADI guidelines.<<<

diveotago.co.nz/diving-trips/local-dive-site…

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
12. Re: Getting around in Queenstown

Thanks for your advice. We arrive by InterCity Bus. Could you advise further how to buy this bus pass for around QTN travel? We have to make our way to an Airbnb out on Kelvin Heights. Thanks for your help.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
13. Re: Getting around in Queenstown

https:/…fares-and-gocards Bus driver or Service Desk on Camp St.

Where is your bus arriving into Queenstown from? Rather than going all the way into town if you don't need to, ask your Intercity driver if you can be dropped at the Frankton Hub and take the bus to Kelvin Heights from here, you'll save around half an hour driving up and back Frankton Road.

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
14. Re: Getting around in Queenstown

QTN25, thanks for your reply and the link. We’re arriving from Wanaka into Queenstown. Our bus arrives at a stop on Athol Street according to our fare. We will look into the bus pass for our time in QTN. Really appreciate your help.

Greater Melbourne...
1 post
15. Re: Getting around in Queenstown

How long does it take to walk to the top if you are not using the Gondola ?

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
58 reviews
16. Re: Getting around in Queenstown

Mlynch - talk about a question out of left feild!

I'm assuming you want to know how long the Tiki Trail takes to walk - from gondola base building....

About 60mins...

Reply to: Getting around in Queenstown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown